Friday, October 5, 2007

Psalm 34

"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.
Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all."

I have enjoyed these verses especially during Christy's illness and I believe they express beautifully many of battles and victories she has won. She would most likely agree wholeheartedly with each one of the above verses! Some look upon her illness and death and see a premature end, defeat, pain, and sorrow. But I see tremendous victory and triumph and the power and love of God helping Christy to overcome. She has found that there is no fear in love...that perfect love casts out fear! She has found safety and assurance in the complete surrender of herself to God's will, and the profound peace and rest that comes with trusting Him fully. Her heart has been bound with the cords of His love that will never let her go, even in death. The Lord will perform the perfect work that He began in her long ago. It has been really neat to see what the Lord has been doing in her life, and the many proofs of His love and goodness and kindness especially during her illness. He has proven Himself faithful and trustworthy, as this Psalmist declared thousands of years earlier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear brother Coleman,

We sorrow with you and lift you up to the Lord in prayer. We are sorry for you and your family’s loss but rejoice at her gain.

Dear brother go forth and give the gospel in the power of the Spirit of God. I have had the privilege of preaching the gospel at the funerals of members of my family. It was difficult, but non-the less moments I will treasure forever. I consider it a great honor to have had the privilege of preaching the gospel at the funerals of my grandmother, my grandfather, my mother, my father and my brother Lyle. The Lord helped me and He will help you dear brother. I experienced great freedom in telling those who came to the funerals, about the shared blessed hope I had with my loved ones and rejoiced to tell the Old, Old Story one more time.

There was a strange mixture of joy and sorrow, I’m sure you will experience it as well. Joy at knowing where my loved ones were and sorrow at the tearing away. Joy at knowing I will see them again, sorrow because I missed them.

As you stand next to the precious dust in that coffin point your loved ones and the saints up to where she is, with Christ and point those lost sinners in the crowd to the cross. We will be praying!

Soon and very soon we will meet our Saviour face to face and then we will be reunited around the throne of God with our loved ones. Glory be to God in the highest!

I was comforted as the Lord brought to mind these and other familiar verses.

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3

“…underneath are the everlasting arms…”Deuteronomy 33:27

“For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.” Isaiah 41:13

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” Hebrews 4:16

Be encouraged in the Lord, He is faithful who promised.

“That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;” Ephesians 3:16

“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:” 1 Peter 1:7

The lord knows…he really, really knows!

“For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.” Psalm 103:14

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He send peace into your heart.

Your brother & sister by such great grace,
Sam & Zebo Ludvicek