Sunday, October 28, 2007

Home at last!

Dear all,

The Lord took my dear Christy home tonight. She had been in a coma all day, the family was in and spent the afternoon with us. When they left I read the Scriptures to her, (they say that the person in a coma can hear) Christy’s breathing became increasingly laboured into the evening, it was very hard to watch her like that. I asked the Lord to free the sweet prisoner from her body, then I told her to just let go and Jesus would take her. Within a few minutes she was much calmer, but was breathing only twice a minute, then one last small breath at 8:58 PM. Very peaceful, seemed so easy….. for her.

I will not go into how I feel right now, no words seem to be available that work properly. Lots of tears. Grown men do cry by the way.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, dear Wayne. The Lord give you wisdom and strength.

We cannot know the depths of your feeling at this time. But we continue to pray for you and especially for the message at the funeral.

Love in our Lord Jesus Christ,

Tom and Leah Roach

Ryan said...

Wayne & family,

Although we've never met, we will one glorious day when the Lord takes us all Home to be with Him...which is far better.

Kara and I send our love in Him, prayers, and sympathies to you and the family for strength for the coming days.

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. - Isaiah 41:10

Much love in Him,

Ryan & Kara Roossinck

Anonymous said...

Dear Wayne and family,

"Oh sleep, oh rest, how precious!
As guarded by Thy care..."

My thoughts and prayers are with you all as you both sorrow and rejoice in Christy's final triumph.

"As for God, His way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all those that trust in Him. Psalm 18:30

Love in Him,
Jeff Lunden

Alison said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hadn't talked to Christy since childhood, but I remember her as a very sweet, kind person. May your warm memories and the loving arms of our heavenly Father give you comfort during this difficult time. My husband and I are praying for your whole family.

Alison (Hayhoe) Phillips

Unknown said...

Dear Wayne & family,

Words do not convey our heart felt sympathy to you and your family.

To us Christy was a very special person.

"May the God of HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Love in our Saviour,

Ross and Suan Hayhoe