Wednesday, November 28, 2007

1 Month now without Christy...

It was a tearful morning today as so many memories came rushing back, especially when I heard the song I posted yesterday. The song takes me back to the very moment that the Lord Jesus released Christy from her body and took her into His immediate awesome presence. It was so clearly Jesus that was calling His dear Christy away, she was at that moment all for Him, she ceased to be mine. Believe it or not, this is still ok with me. I am so glad that they are both enjoying each other right now. As I reflect today on how she travelled through the valley of the shadow of death with all of it's suffering, it still amazes me how she did it so beautifully, so gracefully. As hard as it was for me, I am overcome with gratefulness to God for leading her/us so gently, resulting in her participating with Him in her very own death as a willing partner to His victorious plan.

Many are asking "how is Wayne doing? he needs to keep posting on this blog a bit longer." I will give a short answer here, but in days to come will post more. I will be travelling to Manitoba with Marlin Schmidt this Friday returning next Thursday, so may write some on the road.

I am doing very well, my heart and mind have been filled with praise and thanksgiving to God for all the way that He has led Christy and I in the last 30 years. It is just so awesome to reflect on the privilege of Christy's company and her spiritual companionship through the years, I have so many beautiful memories. I have pictures of her everywhere, and the casket lid is here in my living room, that may seem weird to some of you, but it is a comfort to me. It has a scripture painted in gold, "in thy presence is fullness of joy, at thy right hand are pleasures for evermore" Psalm 16:11, along with many other precious verses are slowly healing me.

I am enjoying the quiet here in this house by the ocean, it is very peaceful. I do not have any problems sleeping or being lonely at night, except when I read Christy's journals before sleeping. For about 10 days I was reading one journal a night and crying myself to sleep, but have quit now, there will be another time when I can do that.

I am cooking very healthy as Christy taught me (all organic of course :) not eating at restaurants hardly at all. But I do need to get back to Pilades and more importantly back on my bike soon, as I am a backslidden cyclist, I put my bikes away for the last couple of years while nursing Christy. She was always after to me to go out and ride to blow off steam, but my time with her was more important to me. It was a very small sacrifice. Will aim for ~30km a day to start, by summer I need to be able to do 130 km once a week without hurting. I am praying about spending a week cycling through the Okanagen valley with a light pack, a bible, and a credit card in the late summer.

I am keeping busy with lots of things around the house that have been neglected. I also need to spend one-on-one time with our technicians at Priority, it has been a long time that I have been away from them. Everyone at Priority has been so incredibly supportive. We also have some new techs lined up as possibile candidates to start working with us, this is a large undertaking.

It is late, must quit now and hit the bed.

No comments: