Friday, November 2, 2007

From Dad (Walter) With Love

November 1, 2007

My son Wayne

I have many thoughts coursing through my head, and sleep does seem to escape me.

My thoughts go back to last Lord’s day evening, I was driving home after the Gospel Meeting, and when I got to #4 Road, I had to make a right turn and join you at Christies bedside. It was an amazing time, you holding her left hand and I her right. I recall saying to Christy, “If you can hear my voice, squeeze my hand.” There was no response. It was so difficult to hear and watch her struggled and off and on breathing. I was so relieved to hear that her breathing calmed as she left this scene, to be forever with her Lord the Saviour. I recall on leaving her bedside, leaning close to her ear and saying, “Christy, this is Grampa, I am going to say Goodbye, Goodnight, I will see you in the morning.”

About an hour after leaving, my grandson Jeff, called me to say that “Mom had gone home to be with Jesus.”

Wayne, I pray most fervently, that on Saturday, that the Lord will give you the spiritual strength, to deliver a suitable and compelling message to those whom you know will attend, and have a great lifesaving need.

Dad

No comments: