Thursday, October 25, 2007

There is that lure...

We went and visited Christy at the hospice the other day. I was looking at her and trying to put myself in her place. What would it feel like to know that if Jesus doesn't come first you will soon be with Him via death? Probably very bittersweet. I saw her visiting with her granddaughters and Wayne attentive by her side, Steve and Susie ever near. How sad for her and her family knowing that their time with her is almost over. I know from our conversations that Christy doesn't feel she has had enough time with her grandchildren... and yet ... there's that lure .... just out of sight ... the joy of going to be with her Lord and Saviour. I don't know if I feel sorry for her and her family or jealous for where she soon will be. Probably both. It's a good thing that we don't get to make these decisions. "His way is perfect" Psalm 18 and 2 Sam 22. We will miss you Christy. Hopefully we will soon be with Our Lord too. "Even so come Lord Jesus" Rev. 22:20.

No comments: